Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Day I Was Nervous

No.1 had a little classroom play on Thanksgiving today.  He has been practicing his lines for a week and has them down pat, but as I stood in the back of the classroom this afternoon filming his performance, I couldn't help but be nervous for my little man.  I want him to succeed.  I want him to have confidence.  I want him to feel proud of the work he has done.

When it was his turn, No.1 lowered his visual aides (which heretofore had been up over his mouth), took a deep breath, looked at me for a split second, then, to the audience, delivered his lines flawlessly.

You would have thought he had just won gold at the Olympics for the joy I felt inside.  He had succeeded!  He performed with confidence.  He was proud of himself.

So, here's to great performances.

Here's to hard work.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment