Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Day I Created a Baker

I was running a little late getting dinner ready today.  We had guests coming at 5 and it was 4:30.  I asked No.1 to come help me in the kitchen.  I made dinner while he made brownies.

I don't know what came over me to allow him to do this, let alone assign him the task, but I'm glad I did.  I gave him instructions on where to find the mix, got the Pyrex, ingredients, and measuring cup out for him, but other than that he was on his own.  He read the instructions and followed them beautifully.  He made the brownies all by himself.  I was there to answer questions and hold the bowl when he scooped the batter into his generously greased dish.  Although he didn't say, I could see the pride on his face.

When the guests came, he announced in a matter-of-fact way that he had made the brownies.

So, here's to exploration in the culinary arts.

Here's to being there for back-up and aide.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment