Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Day I Got a Lump

I belong to a community choir.  We perform mostly sacred works, but the occasional PDQ Bach is thrown in.  This season we will be singing one of my all time favorite songs from my youth:  "Where Love Is".

Tonight was rehearsal.  Our concert is Sunday.  We ran through "Where Love Is" first.

I stand right to the right of the director.  She likes to look at me and smile.  Tonight, as we sang this beautiful number I got a little choked up.  I hoped she wouldn't look at me and smile.  She didn't.

I get embarrassed when I get emotional.  I guess that means I get embarrassed when I get embarrassed, too.  Anyway, I digress.  I was just touched by the lyrics.  They put a lump in my throat.

I also wondered if God is in our home.  The lyrics are "Where love is, there God is also."  I hope people feel love in my home and in turn feel the presence of God.  I especially hope my children feel it.

So, here's to inviting love.

Here's to little lumps.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.





Where love is, there God is also.
Where love is, we want to be.
Guide us, his truths to follow;
Help us obey him faithfully.

Where love is, there God is also.
We think of him rev’rently.
Teach us to pray, to talk with him above
And know that he will guide us with his love.

The comfort of loving arms around us,
A song that makes us want to sing,
The happiness we feel when love has found us,
’Tis love we get when love we bring.

Where love is, there God is also.
And with him we want to be.
Show us the way and guide us tenderly
That we may dwell with him eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment