Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Day I Didn't Go to Church

Last night I had every intention of going to church, but then No.1 vomitted.
I am usually the kind of person who goes to church no matter what.  No.1 was born on Monday and I was back to church that Sunday.  I've gone to church with a migraine because I had a duty to fulfill.  I've left my husband at home with a sick child because I had a meeting to attend.  As I write this, I can see how screwey it looks but it worked...for me.
Well, today, I changed that.  It wasn't about me.  No.1 was sick and would need me.  Daddy just wouldn't do.  So, I ran to church early to drop some stuff off, talk to some people about a meeting, and went back home.
No.1 sort of loafed around all day playing Minecraft and spending some time on the pot.  Turned out he didn't really need me to help him wipe his bum or cool his forehead, he just needed me to be there.  He needed me to ask how his tummy was feeling.  He needed me to look at his creations he'd built in the game.  He needed to hear me pray for him.  He needed me. Period.
I am glad that I made the decision to put my church duties aside.  Family should always come first.
So, here's to making family the priority.
Here's to being there.
And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment