Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Day I Remembered to Laugh

Sometimes I go through the day like a robot checking things off my mental lists.  Who am I kidding, sometimes?  Most-times.  I don't stop and smell the roses, or in my home life, stop and truly enjoy my children.

I meet their physical needs all the time, but I fail terribly on their emotional needs more than I'd care to admit.  Sometimes, they're robots too.

But today, while I was doing laundry and No.2 was playing on the floor around me, I stopped and watched.  This is one funny kid.  He has a great imagination for a 2yo and a sense of humor to rival the greatest comedians of the world.

I laughed as he danced with a stuffed animal.  I laughed as I saw him crash his trains then say, "Uh-oh!  Caoofoow (careful)!"  I laughed when I tickled him until a steady stream of drool poured from his lips.  I just laughed.  And it made me happy.  And it made him happy.

So, here's to taking time to laugh.

Here's to gut giggles.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment