Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Day I Just Kept Going

You know that pink Energizer bunny?  Well, I gave him a run for his money today.  I have been wiped out, physically exhausted these last few days because I've been staying up crocheting gifts.  I finished No.1 and No.2's Christmas tree ornaments and am currently feverishly working on washcloths for friends and family.  It's a lot of work and late nights, but it will be worth it, I hope (I made homemade gifts last year - picture block puzzles specific for each family, and one family member called me cheap - it hurt, still does).

Anyway, despite my late hours, I still have to be Mommy.

So, even though I wanted to pull the covers up and sleep 'til noon, I put on a bright face and went to work - lunch packed, breakfast made, kids clothed, teeth brushed, bed made (oh, wait, I didn't actually get that done), school drop off, car inspected, washcloth crocheted, errands run, homework monitored, papers signed, dinner fixed, dishes done, piano practiced, pajamas done, teeth brushed, prayers said, scriptures read, scrapbook done, papers filed, plus all the stuff in between.  And through it all, I'm proud to say, I kept my cool and by about lunchtime I didn't have to put on a bright face, it was there all by itself.  I was a good mom today behavior wise.  And do you know why?  Because I chose to be.

I learned that even though I could blame poor behavior on lack of sleep, the choice was really mine.  I learned that even though I might feel spent, there is still more I can get out of myself if I make my mind up to do so.  I learned that being the Enegrizer Bunny might not be the best way to spend a day, but if it needs to be done, I can do it with a happy attitude.

So, here's to faking it til you make it.

Here's to making good choices.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment