Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Day I Took a Drive

No. 2 took hold of my retainer and cracked it within seconds.  "Boke, Mama.  See?  Boke."  AHHHHHHH!  It literally took maybe 3-seconds!  So, today, No.2 and I took a drive to my orthodontist 2 hours away to get a new one made.

I was glad for the time I had to spend with No.2 all alone, just wandering, doing Christmas shopping while waiting for the retainer to be made.  I knew he was tired, but he was still a good boy.

Once my retainer was ready, we headed back home.  No.2 fell asleep (it was almost 2 hours past his nap time) and I drove in relative silence all the way home.

That peaceful quietness allowed me to think about my boys and what a blessing they are to me.  I hear/read/watch stories of tragedy and wonder how I could ever survive if I was to ever lose one of my boys, or, heaven forbid, both.  I don't think I'd be able to go on.  I feel like all the love I have is in those two sweet boys, and who can live without love?  Sure, I have my other family, and I know they'd pull me through, but even in just thinking about it and trying to sympathize with those families who have experienced it, I don't think I could ever be as strong as them.

Sort of a morbid train of thought on my ride home, but it really made me reflect on how special my sons are to me and allowed me to make resolutions to make sure they each know how much I do love them each day and not just by word, but by deed.

So, here's to quite, reflective road trips.

Here's to not loving only by word.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment