Monday, November 4, 2013

The Day I Sacrificed My Fingers

Well, it should really be The Night I..., but I have a theme going on here, so we'll just go with it.
Anyway, tonight I threaded a hooked needle and went to town sewing together parts of a Sonic the Hedgehog I crocheted for No.1's birthday next month.
Holy Cow!  I never knew you could get nerve damage from stitching.  My fingers were either numb or tingling by the time I was done.  But, it'll all be worth it.
When I made a train for No.2, No.1 asked when I was going to make him something (let it be known that I have in the past crocheted a blanket and two Minecraft characters for him).  I get it, though.  He can see the time I put in to my creations and he wants to feel like he's worth some of that time.  I hope he's thrilled.
So, here's to little surprises.
Here's to lots of time.
And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment