Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Day I Had No Plans

I was so good all year making meal plans, keeping up with the family calendar, just being on top of it all, but at this point I feel so overwhelmed with Thanksgiving, No.1's birthday, Advent, and Christmas planning that I just needed a day of...well...whatever.  I needed a break.

So, I slept in a little later.  My husband took No.1 to school.  And No.2 and I did whatever all day.  I don't think I got dressed until it was time to No.1 up from school!

We have a pretty vigorous schedules at times in our house with piano, soccer (thankfully that's over), karate, school, homework, housework, it just never seems to stop.  That's why I think today was a good idea.  It helped me recharge my battery.  I still got laundry done, dinner on the table (well, it was hotdogs - but broiled, not boiled), and my house was tidy and vacuumed, but I didn't feel the pressure to get it all done, I just did what I wanted to.  I even wrapped all the Christmas and birthday presents I have so far (hopefully I'll be done with that soon).

So, here's to not following a plan every once in a while.

Here's to going with the flow.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment