Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Day I Was Edified

Every Sunday I partake of the sacrament.  I take the bread and the water in remembrance ofthe Savior's atoning sacrifice.   However, I don't always get, no, make the chance to ponder and reflect on this sacred ordinance.   I am usually trying to help No.1 and No.2 stay quiet.  I read softly articles from the Friend magazine,  I show tyem pictures of Christ, I keep them from kicking each other.   I rarely think about what the sacrament means to me.

Today, No.2 has a headache (we think, I mean he's 2, how much can he communicate beside "owie, head"?) and No.1 has digestion issues (ie. diarrhea), so I was alone at church.  I was alone during the sacrament.  I was alone to partake of the bread and drink the water.  I was alone to ponder.

As the cool water flowed down my throat, I distinctly felt the meaning of the sacred sacrament.   I felt the prompting to now go and do better this week.  Thoughts came to my mind to go forth and be more patient, be less contentious, be more loving, be less nagging, be more charitable,  be less judgemental.

So, here's to feeling renewed.

Here's to trying again.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment