Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Day I Kept Going

This morning I awoke with an unwanted companion: a headache.  I hate waking up with a headache, it really ruins your whole day.

I schluffed around for about 2 hours, meeting only the basic needs of my children (ie. I gave them food, who cares if they're dressed or not) until I decided that this was ridiculous. I didn't want to take medicine because I felt nauseous already (at first I thought No.1 had shared his virus, but now I think it's my new fish oils from Target), so I decided to do something to take my mind off of the pain in my brain.

I got the boys dressed and we went outside.  No.1 had been spending entirely too much time on Minecraft since being home sick (he goes back to school tomorrow) and No.2 was antsy (what's new) and I needed some fresh air.  As I mowed the lawn, I watched the boys play together.  They are such good boys and get along well for the most part.

I'm glad that I didn't just mope in bed all day.  I know people who do/would.  I'm glad I have the willpower to get up and go even when I feel like crud.  I am so grateful for good boys who seem to sense when I'm not feeling so hot and automatically turn on their best behavior.

So, here's to mind over matter.

Here's to intuitive children.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment