Friday, November 29, 2013

The Day I Cought Fire

My husbands two sisters and I went to the movies today.  We watched Catching Fire.  It was fantastic!  Several of my friends and family members have chosen not to read the Hunger Games series because of the  premise.  I get that.  Who wants to read about kids killing kids in a "game"?  But that is all they know about it.  What they don't understand is that the books are really about the power of one.  How one girl changes an entire nation by first giving hope to others that things can change.

I love the idea that one person can make a difference.  In fact, that was the foundation of my Salutatorian speech in high school.  I really do believe that one can change thousands.  I believe that to be true, but I never want to be that person.

I don't like to stick out in the crowd.  I don't like to be the center of attention.  I don't even like to receive praise for a job well done.  It makes me uncomfortable.  But then I thought, wait a minute, I am making a difference every day I teach, every moment I show I care, every second I love my boys.

My influence is real, so it had better be positive.  My impact is powerful, so it better be in the right direction.  My love is strong, so it better be lasting.

So, here's to making a difference.

Here's to positive influence.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment