Friday, October 25, 2013

The Day I Went Out

My husband stayed home today (not feeling well), so I was able to help out at No.1's school this afternoon without No.2 tagging along (would have been difficult because of the activity I was assisting with).  It was great to get out and be with No.1 in his daytime environment.

No.1 is so funny because he'll ask, no, beg me to come help out at the school (I go every Monday morning already), but when I get there, a huge smile spreads across his face but soon, it's not biggie that I'm there.  Still, I don't go to get smothered with "Mommy, Mommy!"  I go to help out his teacher.  But I sure do love that smile.

THEN, tonight I hung out with some girlfriends.  We watched a couple episodes of Wives and Daughters and just enjoyed each others company without kids - we love our kids, and we love our friends, and we love when the two don't always mix.

So, here's to taking a break.

Here's to time with friends.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment