Monday, October 28, 2013

The Day I Gave It a Second Chance

Burger King is my absolute least favorite restaurant.  When my husband and I were in college, they changed their fries...for the worse.  I already was not too keen on their over condiment-ed burgers, but this switch did me in.

Well, today, my husband wanted to meet at BK for lunch.  "Yuck!"  I told him, but went anyway.  In the past, since the fry debacle, I have avoided their sandwiches and fries, but today they were advertising their newer fries - crinkle fries.  I was slightly intrigued.  More hungry than intrigued.  But intrigued nonetheless.  I also saw a burger I wouldn't mind trying - the Angry Whopper.

I was a bit apprehensive, but took my first bite of fry.  Huh?  Not too bad.  Not great, but not bad.  They taste just like the Ore-Ida crinkle fries I can make in my oven.  At least they weren't the disgusting instant-potato fries from before.  Then came the burger.  I enjoy a good spicy meal every now and then and this sandwich hit the spot.  And the condiments were pretty normal - except for the mayo, they seem to love mayo.

All-in-all, I'm glad I gave Burger King another try.  It's still not my favorite, but at least it's no longer my least favorite - that award goes to Denny's (no sit-down restaurant should ever serve instant potatoes).

Sometimes my boys (even my husband) do things that I remember and hold a grudge to.  Not a terrible grudge, but things like Husband doesn't fold shirts square, or No.1 sprayed too much cleanser, or No.2 had an accident, so I tend to fold the laundry, clean the bathrooms, and put No.2 in Pull-ups.  I don't give second chances very well.  I'd rather do it myself.  But I need to allow second, third, fourth, sixty-seventh chances.  It allows growth.  It allows discovery.  And who knows, maybe that once dreaded task will become my new favorite one at which to watch someone else succeed.

So, here's to second tries.

Here's to no more grudges.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment