Monday, October 21, 2013

The Day I Called It

Today has been a pretty good day, and then the night came.

No.2 is an extremely light sleeper.  Our nighly routine (after the whole bathroom stuff, prayers, scriptures, stories) consists of me rocking No.2 for a little while unil he gets droopy, putting him in his bed, ofrentimes "scratching hand" (rubbing his fingers gently), walking out the the hall, playing on my tablet until I hear sound asleep sleep sounds, then closing the door as silently as I can.  Well, to night, No.2 woke up when I closed the door.  I went through the same rountine, a little faster, and tried to close the door.  Again, he woke up.

When No.2 wakes up like this, it is not your sweet, "Mommy, please rock me." No, it's more of a, "MOMMY, I'M DYING!  COME SAVE ME!"  I finally had to just close the door and let him cry it out. Not what I like to do, but I knew it would be better than losing it in front of my 2 year old.  So I called it a night.

I've known for a long time that I need to sleep better.  I've prayed for patience and the answer I always get is "get more sleep!"  So, tonight I'm finally putting it to the test.   I hope to be asleep before 10:30.

Here's to a good night's sleep.

Here's to a great tomorrow.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment