Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Day I Saw Results

Huh?  Whodathunk getting a good nights rest would cause you to be more patient, more rational, more fun, more put together, more happy, more...better?

I woke up actually happy to get out of bed and start the day.  No.1 and I had a peaceful morning.  He got ready for school, ate breakfast, brushed his teeth, everything without incident.  No.2 slept until I got him up to go to school.

We dropped No.1 off and went home.  We kind of bummed it the whole day.  Laundry was completed, No.1's birthday gift started, house tidy, but basically we were bums enjoying a quite stress-free house.  I guess when you get a full night rest you feel easy going and that translates to "bum" for me.

The good attitudes lasted nearly the entire day until a tired No.1 practiced piano (he had a field trip all day).  I could tell he was tired and that's why he was making mistakes he's never made before, but I didn't acknowledge his state, I messed up and raised my voice (even pounded on the piano at one point).

But for the most part, it was a good day.

So, here's to more good days.

Here's to more bum-dome.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment