Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Day I Couldn't Believe What I Was Hearing

Call it a miracle, call it a phenomenon, call it what you will, but it was beautiful.

No.1 sat down and practiced his piano without urging, without threats (actually haven't had to do that in about 2 weeks), without pouting.  Instead, he was excited to play, tried his best (resulting in passing off a few songs), and taking pride in his performance.  I was so proud of him, and I let him know it!

I don't always see the best in my kids, but since this parental transformation I've been trying to make, I have really become aware of the wonderful things they each have to offer our family.  It's not that I didn't praise my boys before for their successes, but now I find myself praising them for just being them!

I love my boys and I hope that I will focus on their positives and regard their negatives as passing and not lasting.  I know that if I feed those negatives, they will be lasting.  So wouldn't I rather have their positives brighten our home?

So, here's to taking notice.

Here's to singing praises.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment