Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Day I was Inventive


Sometimes I get these great ideas and think they'll only take a little time to complete then three hours later I'm finally finished.  This morning was one of those times.

Truthfully, I've been thinking about this idea for quite some time, but decided today was the day.  My morning was free, the kitchen was clean, laundry was running, it was time.

I had this idea to make a sling thing for my tablet that would be secured between the driver and passenger seats so the boys could watch movies on long trips.  We use to have a portable DVD player for the car, but No.1 accidentally let the cord hang out of his door one day while driving into town and, well, there was just no fixing it.

Anyway.

I grabbed some plastic table cloth stuff I have stored in a closet, 2 scraps of fabric, some straps I'd cut off something a while ago, Velcro, the iron, and my sewing machine and went to town.

I am thrilled with how well it turned out and I finished just in time to make lunches.

I'm sure the boys will enjoy it on our next trip to see Nana and Papa.  It'll be another option to fighting over cars and coloring books.

So, here's to variety.

Here's to seeing visions through.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.




ps.  We went to Chefs tonight.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment