Monday, December 2, 2013

The Day I Made a Promise

Last year we started a tradition: the 1st FHE of December we present gifts to Christ.  We write our gift down on a notecard, fold it in half, and put all of them in a little gold box with a bow.  The box rests in our tree until we open it Christmas Eve and see if we actually gave our gift.

I think my gift last year was patience.  I'd say I succeeded only about 50% of the time.

This year I'm determined to succeed and I'm ready to do it Wednesday.

My gift this year is to give my friend, Sonya, a Book of Mormon.  She's from Bulgaria and I've had a Bulgarian BOM on my shelf for months.  It's time I gave it to her.  I'm not exactly sure what I'll say, but I know I'll give it to her when she comes to pick her daughter up from piano lessons.

So, here's to courage.

Here's to being an example to my boys.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment