Monday, December 30, 2013

The Day I Made It to 16

Mr. and I appear to most people as complete and total opposites.  And, you may, in this case, judge a book by the cover.  I don't know why it works or even how it works, but it's worked for 16 years, so something must be right about our opposites.

We've had some pretty rough times in those 16 years, the roughest and toughest was not living at my in-laws while we finished school, Mr. surviving a catastrophic car crash, or my temper (ongoing), but my inability to conceive like 93-97% of all other women.  I guess that saying about things not killing you making you stronger really held true in our marriage.

We are not a perfect couple.  We are not perfect parents.  But we can admit both facts about ourselves and each other.  We can maturely discuss how we can become better and, for the most part, we try to make those improvements.  We have a common sense to parenting in that if Daddy says no, so does Mommy.  It is behind closed doors that we challenge the action if one feels that is was not right or fair.

I guess that you could say that although we are night and day, we have each other's backs.  And if we can stick with that, I'm sure we can make it another 16.

So, here's to consistency.

Here's to love.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment