Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Day I Nearly Missed Christmas

Today is Christmas, and, no, I didn't really miss it, but I did miss the spirit of this blessed holiday, and there's no one to blame but myself.

We traveled to Mr.'s parents yesterday so we could spend Christmas day with all Mr.'s family for one final Christmas in the house they all grew up in.  I'm glad we were able to be together.  It was nice to watch everyone open gifts (especially No.2's Rescue Station and No.1's tablet), but it wasn't until the prayer at dinner when the giver of grace mentioned Christ that I realized that I had not stopped to think about or discuss with my children the key player:  Jesus Christ.

I felt guilty for being so wrapped up in the gift giving and receiving and not focusing on Christ.  That is where the focus should always be 365 days of the year, but I had failed on one of the most important days.

So, here's to focusing on what really matters.

Here's to loving Christ more than a dehydrator (thanks Nana).

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment