Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Day I Sent Out the Old

This blog has been about my personal mission and journey to improve myself as a parent.  I have read books (one I never finished and didn't mention because it was, well, lame), I have watched good and bad  not-for-me examples of parenting, I have talked with friends and received advise.  I have enjoyed my little stint here these last few months, but as I enter a new year, I am throwing out the old and welcoming in the new with a new focus and a new drive.

This year I want to do what I saw recommended on a website.  Each day a lady took a picture of something she was grateful for and wrote a short journal entry.  That is what I wish to do now.  We'll see if I can keep it up.  Who knows.  But I wish to have a similar experience as she did.  She said that only 10 days in to her gratitude experiment she realized that there were amazing things she would have missed if she hadn't thought to be looking for things.  This helped her feel like a better wife.  My hope is that I not only feel like a better and more appreciative wife, but a better mother as well.

So, here's to new resolutions.

Here's to new plans.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment