Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Day I Learned from My Lesson

I taught Relief Society today.  My lesson was taken from Elder Oaks April conference talk "Followers of Christ".  What a beautiful talk.  I can't say that I really "learned" anything new, but I definitely found myself thinking about it all.

The whole concept of being in the world and not of the world is not new, but I reflected on things I do in my life and how much they are of the world.  I thought about how I can change some of my habits to reflect a life of a more perfect follower of Christ.

I can really apply myself to scripture study.  I can encourage my children to say their personal prayers.  I can help No.1 write a journal.  I can pray more earnestly.  I can put aside my worldly wants for things that will be eternal.

So, here's to renewed conversion.

Here's to following more exactly.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment