Friday, December 20, 2013

The Day I Couldn't Go

Well, really, it was the day none of us could go.

No.1 had a fun day at school wearing pj's and watching The Grinch (oh, they had a few lessons here and there, too :) ).  After school, because we got home later than usual after dropping off teacher gifts, he pretty much had just a few minutes to play then it was off to karate.

I had planned with Mr. that he and No.2 would pick No.1 and I up from karate and we would go out to "Chef's" (that's what No.1 calls Japanese Steakhouses).  Mr. was also suppose to bring the gifts for the karate instructors.

Class ended and no Mr.

I called.

He said he was trying to print off a coupon, but the printer wasn't working.

That's because there was no yellow ink.

I told him to just come.

I got a printed coupon from the front desk at karate.

Mr. shows  up.

No gifts.

I run home and get them myself.

No.1 delivers gifts.

We head out to town.

5-minutes down the road, Mr. says he doesn't have his wallet.

I don't have my purse (No.1 rode his bike, I walked to karate).

That's it.

We don't go.

It was stressful and late and we were not in the best moods anyway due to the confusion after karate, so we called it.

Probably for the best, too, because we want No.1's birthday dinner out to be great and memorable.

So, here's to calling it when it needs to be called.

Here's to better tomorrows.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment