Monday, December 9, 2013

The Day I Did It Again

You know when you have a bag of Oreo's and you think, "Oh, I'll just have a couple" then 10 "couples" later you're left with an empty Oreo tray, yet the entire time you took just a couple more you thought in your mind, "I really shouldn't be doing this; it's not good for me" but you ignore it because you're not unhealthy (and you're dipping them in healthy milk) and it's fine to indulge from time to time and then you look at that empty bag and feel the sore ridges in your tongue from too many cookies and you wonder if it was all worth it?

Well, that was me.  today.  The sad thing is that it wasn't just the Oreo's.  I stayed up until 2am last night!  What was I thinking.  I was making bow ties for the boys.  I just couldn't find a good stopping point.  And, like that crazy bunny, I just kept going.

However, unlike that crazy bunny, I actually am a human mother with little bunnies to care for the next day.  I did pretty well, though.  I knew I wouldn't have the patience for piano, so we did theory.  I knew I'd need some quiet time (luckily the Mister was home from work - it was a snow day, minus the snow), so I hid in the basement for a bit and crocheted.  I knew I would probably not make dinner and, luckily, we went out to eat after family pictures (bow ties!).

So, here's to preemptive strikes.

Here's to knowing limits.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.





ps:  I went to the chiropractor today.  Feeling really good!  Almost no pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment