Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Day I Became a Mother of a 7-Year Old

Where has the time gone.  No.1 turned 7 today!  Seven seems like such a big boy number, but when I watch my son, I still see his as little.  He is so fun to be around and talk to.  I hope that our communication stays this great through the teen years and beyond.  He says silly things and acts crazy at times, but he keeps us laughing.  Of course, there are those times when he really knows how to push buttons (that's the gifted brain working there) and it's hard to be patient (and I'm not always), but he always is forgiving of our (my) flaws and shortcomings.

I love this little man so much it makes my heart ache.  When he came into my life, I finally felt what it feels like to know you'd do anything for someone, at any risk.  He is my heart.

So, here's to a great year, No.1 son.

Here's to a fantastic birthday.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment