Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Day I Pushed

Tomorrow is my piano recital thing.  It's not really a recital in that it is not formal, the students are using music, it's at my house, there really isn't a program, but it's more of a "look what I've been working on" get together.  Besides, not all my students could come (there will only be 3).

So, anyway, today while No.1 was practicing he really wasn't putting forth his best effort and I worried that he wouldn't have a number to present.  I asked him if he wanted to play a song he passed off a couple months ago.  He wasn't quite sure and wanted to still do one of his current songs, but after a while he agreed.

I'm glad I pushed for "Andy the Android" for 2 reasons:  #1) it's a song none of the others have heard before, and #2) it's a duet.

I love playing duets it No.1.  He has a very good sense of rhythm and understands the importance of counting.  But it's not just his piano skills that makes me love playing with him - I love sharing one of my loves with my son and seeing him enjoying it as well.

No.1 does not always love practicing, but when he gets a song down, he has a lot of fun playing it (over and over and over and over again - if I never hear "Yankee Doodle" again in my entire life, it'll be too soon).

So, here's to passing on loves (and talents) to my boys.

Here's to being by their side.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment