Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Day I Made Snow

I picked up No.1 from school to take him and No.2 to Daddy's work "party" (in quotations because it's really just a bunch of computer geeks eating potluck in theater seating -  whoo-hoo).  Then, when I dropped him back off, his teacher was trying to make an igloo around her door.  She was so excited to see me and asked for my help.  The students were in art, so No.1 went to join them and the teacher and I had our own art class in the hall.  Well, really, I was in the hall and she went into her room to get some work done.

I am so glad I was able to help the teacher out.  I was never a regular ed. teacher (I taught chorus and drama), but even in my position I wished I had parents come in a help more often, especially around crunch time for concerts and productions.  And I was always so grateful for the days I actually did have parent help.

Now that I am an at-home-mom, I have the time to help.  I go in each Monday to help out in the classroom, and this week into next I'll be helping out at the book fair, and then there's days like today when I can just spontaneously make snow in the hall.

So, here's to paying it forward.

Here's to volunteering.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment