Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Day I Saw

No.1 is not a perfect child and that's ok because he doesn't have a perfect mom, but he's pretty close to being a perfect brother.

Today I saw what a great brother he is.  (Not that this is the first time, but I want to document it this time.)

No.1 has a class Christmas party tomorrow (his birthday), and we are in charge of bringing fruit.  I didn't want to bring just plain apples and grapes, so I thought seasonally and decided to do dehydrated fruit.  I'll get most of it from my current supply, but I wanted to make jello apples and thought No.1 would be a perfect helper.

I was right.  He loved using the apple pealer-corer-slicer thing and was excited to dip the apples in dry jello.  No.2 wanted in on the fun and climbed up on the bar stool.  I was afraid No.1 would tell him no, that he was too little, but instead No.1 gave No.2 a slice of apple and showed him what to do.  It was perfect.

They worked in tandem until the apples were done and it was time to get ready for karate.

I love watching my boys work together.  No.1 is so patient.  So much more patient than me.  I don't know that I deserve him.  I can't imagine that he deserves me.  But I'm not complaining.  I love that boy and his brother, too.

So, here's to watching.

Here's to love in action.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment