Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Trying

I had some avocados.  I had a pinned recipe.  I had some time.  So, I made Avocado Mac-n-Cheese.  And guess who tried it and loved it?  No.2!  (and me, of course - hello, it's avocados!)  No.1 tried it after school.  I didn't tell him it was avocado.  He took one bite and said, "This doesn't taste right."  Oh well.  2 outa 3 ain't bad.

I have been making a lot of experimental recipes this year (thank you Pinterest).  Some are hits, others are misses.  Luckily, most are hits.  I'm grateful all my boys will at least try everything I make.  I tell them if there is apparent apprehension:  You don't have to like it, but you do have to try it.  Sometimes when I know it's a hit and No.1 just doesn't want to eat, I tell him he has to try it 5 or 6 times.  Other times when even I know it's a miss (and I usually know that about half-way through the cooking process), I just have them try it, out of respect, really.  And they do.  And I am grateful.

So, here's to expanding pallets.

Here's to teaching manners.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment