Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Reminders

This "For Better or For Worse" strip really made me smile.  No laugh, just smile because it made me think.  How many times do I put my wishes on my boys.  Luckily, I really don't think there are many things that put me in this category (with the exception of piano - that's not budging).  Still, I see many parents put stress on their children to succeed at something the child doesn't want (namely sports).  I saw it a lot in soccer.  No.1 is not playing this season because he hated last season, but we made him finish because he can't quit a team mid-season.  I just hope that I'm mindful of my children's individual strengths and encourage them in activities that will develop those talents.

So, here's to self-examination.

Here's to allowing children a voice (at times).

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment