Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Storehouses


This is a Bishop Storehouse order form.  As Relief Society president of our ward, filling these out for families in need is one of my duties.  Today I had the opportunity to help a family of 3, sometimes 7 when his children are with them for the week, fill out a form.  The mother is under a lot of stress, suffers from almost debilitating depression and anxiety, but still goes to work and tries to pull it together for her family.  Her husband was laid off this last week.  I am so grateful that the storehouse is there for honest people in need.  I'm sure this family will do all they can to make this form a thing of their past, but for now, I'm so glad (and I am sure they are too) it is available to them.

I hope I am never in the position to need this form.  I am so blessed to have a husband with a steady job and a degree so I can go back to work if/when needed.  Still, if I ever need it, I will feel no pride, but complete humility.  What a beautiful organization we have in our church for welfare.

So, here's to giving to those who truly need receiving.

Here's to staying humble.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment