Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Capes

No.1's teacher asked if I could help make capes for her class to decorate for the 100th day of school.  I spent maybe a total of 4 hours cutting 25 or so capes out of t-shirts.  No biggie.  I was so glad she thought enough of me to ask for my help (she's a bit OCD and sort of a micro-manager and I love her!), so it really meant a lot.

No.1 had an idea to write 100 100 different ways, but I told him there are only a few ways you can write 100 and suggested we write it in 100 different languages.  Google translation gave us almost all the languages, I had to go to Native American sites for tribal language, and Mr. told us the binary 100.  I did all the copying and pasting, No.1 colored most of the fonts, I cut and glued (glue gun) them, and No.1 wrote on the cape.

So, here's to receiving the reigns.

Here's to working with my child.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment