Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Finishing

I like to get things done.  I'd been asking No.1 what he wanted to do for his class valentines for about 2 weeks when he decided he wanted to do crayons again (he did them for kindergarten).  So, we purchased crayons Monday, pealed them Tuesday, baked them Wednesday.  I did it all by myself because I just wanted to get it done even though they are not due for another week and a half.  Still, I just really like getting things done.

Yes, No.1 could have pealed crayons (he even asked if he could when he came home Tuesday, but I had it all done already).  Yes, No.1 could have placed them in the molds.  Yes, No.1 could have even hot glued them to the cards.  But I just wanted it done.

That is one of my many flaws.  I know my children miss out on learning opertunites a lot because of my desire to just get it done, and that's something I need to work on.  Still, it was nice getting the valentines done.

No.1 did address and sign each one, though.

So, here's to finishing projects.

Here's to being better about including the children.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment