Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Art

Again, no, I didn't take this picture.  I couldn't.  These are Monuments Men from WWII.  These men were given the task to identify important building and art that needed to be protected and not bombed during the war.  In the end, their efforts led to the recovery of thousands of pieces of art that had been stolen by the Nazi's.

So, today I am grateful for these men who recognized the importance of art and the culture and history each piece holds.  I have taken No.1 to the Smithsonian Art Museum.  He really enjoyed it.  (I guess No.2 was there, too, just inside my round belly.)  I am grateful for art, even the kind I don't understand.

So, here's to preserving art (and THE arts).

Here's to teaching children art appreciation.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment