Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Innovation

So, it might not be soooo innovative, but I had the great idea to use a toy bin to make blocks of snow into an igloo.

I put No.2 down for a nap and called No.1 to get dressed and we would go outside and have some fun.  He took a while getting dressed so by the time he got outside, I already had about a row and a half done.  No.1 grabbed a bin (I brought 2 out) and tried to make a brick.  The snow was starting to get a little icy and was, I guess, too difficult for him to scoop up.  So, I let him just play in the snow while I finished the igloo.

It didn't matter that he wasn't helping build the igloo, we were outside together having fun.  He enjoyed shoveling snow, and I quickly made bricks.  We talked.  Not about anything important or earth-shattering, but we talked and laughed and that is important.

So, even though I experienced a little bit of the Little Red Hen complex, it really didn't matter to me.

So, here's to just being together.

Here's to communication.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment