Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Trains

No.2 and I had a lot of quality time together today.  It was only interrupted by loading and unloading laundry (I saved the folding for after bedtime).  We played a bit of Wack-a-Mole, but settled on trains.  We took apart tracks, built new, lego trains, Thomas trains.  Trains, trains, trains.

While we were playing, No.2 all of a sudden said/sang, "Duuuuuh-n-beam!"  I realized he was singing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", so I sang prompts and he filled in the empty words.  After a couple rounds of "Duuuuuuh-n-beam", I attempted "I Am a Child of God".  I was surprised he could fill in the blanks with that one as well!  What a smart boy.  We continued this song game a few more times with the two songs.  He was so smiley and happy to play along.  It touches my heart that he's singing such wonderful songs. 

I am grateful for days where my home requires less of me, and my children can get pretty much all of me.  I realize the choice is ultimately mine, though dishes do pile up, dust collects, toilets soil (only girl here, people!), but when I do make time for my men and don't look for the little things around the house to fix that would take my attention away from my family, I actually feel more fulfilled - like I've actually accomplished something that day.

So, here's to time.

Here's to accomplishments.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment