Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for MP3's

I have my old (and only) mp3 player in No.2's room.  I have downloaded pretty much all the Primary Songbook songs onto it and it plays, if not all day, at least during quiet nap times and bedtime.

I enjoy listening to the music as I read him books and play in his room.  I don't think this is the sole reason he knows primary songs, we have a great music leader at church, but I'd like to think it's helping.  Sometimes I'll sing along and talk about the songs with No.2.  I like to think he's listening.

Primary songs are the beginning to testimonies.  It's the simplest ways to teach about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, baptism, the scriptures, and other gospel principles.  It is words for our feelings.

These songs bring peace.  It is really hard to yell at your children when you hear "Give Said the Little Stream" or "I Love to See the Temple" or (guilt trip) "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" playing in the home.

So, here's to more music.

Here's to more testimony.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment