Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Church

Our little dollhouse church is just about the cutest little LDS chapel you have ever seen.  It's just like a stake center, but mini.  I have the privilege to attend this tiny building each Sunday.  Mr and I both serve in callings in the church (ward mission leader, Relief Society President - respectivly).  The boys attend Primary/Nursery.  I help out with with hymns, playing the "organ" (in quotes because it's really a glorified electric piano - and not even one of the good ones), and I either sing, play for, or direct the choir.

Today, our choir sang a song about temples (this month's sacrament meeting theme).  It was a beautiful number and the choir did a nice job (we're no Mo-Tab, but we really do do our best).  I was able to sit in for a bit on a Sunday school class while my boys were attending their classes.  I filled out paper work for my calling, paid tithing, and played the hymns in Relief Society.  I directed choir after church then headed home.

All-in-all, I was at church for 5-hours (I had an 8am meeting, church was from 9-12, choir ended at 1).  Some people might think I'm crazy for staying at church so long on "the day of rest."  Truth is, it's always a peaceful place.  Why wouldn't I like being there.  Sure, my home is a wonderful place to be, but I don't mind, and kind of even like, being at church for hours upon hours.

I know that when I am there, I am doing exactly what the Savior and Heavenly Father want me to be doing.  I know that the other people within those walls love my family.  I feel safe there.  I feel the Spirit there.  I may be running around second hour (Sunday school hour) getting things done for RS, but still feel peace.

I pray that my sons will love being at church.  I want them to love the gospel and see the importance in the church attendance.  I pray that I will be able to instill in their hearts the sacredness of our chapel.  Right now, the best way I can do that is to always walk my talk and attend all my church meeting with joy.

So, here's to tiny buildings.

Here's to doing what's right.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment