Friday, January 17, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Cots

My in-laws are up here for the weekend and are sleeping in No.1's room.  SO, No.1 is sleeping in No.2's room on a cot.  Well, that cot sure got a lot of use tonight.

At first I allowed No.2 to sit on the cot while we read scriptures and books. I told him it was time to get in his own bed after books, but No.1 said he could stay.  I said, OK.  While I was getting No.2 situated with his head and pillow at the opposite end of the slim, but long, cot, I had to remind him several times to stop kicking (intentional and unintentional) No.1.  No.1 then said, "I don't mind."  What a patient young man I have.

Untimately, No.2 did not stay on the cot and it took a while to get both boys settled down and asleep, but it still was so nice No.1 was willing to share with his brother.  So, I'm not actually grateful for the cot so much as I am grateful for brotherhood and my sweet boys, but, still, I would not have thought of this today had it not been for the cot.

So, here's to future sleepovers (with siblings only).

Here's to kindness.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment