Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Sleds

We got about 3, maybe 4, inches of snow last night.  School was canceled today (as it was yesterday, even though it didn't start snowing until after lunch - the kids so could have gone to school for a 1/2 day, and it's canceled tomorrow as well), so we went to the park with our neighbors and went sledding down the big hills.

It was just a fun afternoon.  It caused No.2 to miss his nap, but he fell asleep after two songs (thank you, sleds).  It caused No.1 to get a stuffy nose (I know, I've read the articles about the cold not causing colds, too, but when he goes out healthy and comes back with a stuffy nose I have to wonder), but he had a blast and showed no fear (thank you, sleds).  It caused Mr. to miss out on a quiet day home from work, but he spent some great quality time with his boys (thank you, sleds).  It caused me to freeze off my fingers while taking too many pictures, but we have the documented memories (thank you, sleds).

So, here's to more snow (please?).

Here's to a fun day out.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment