Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Cold

I use to attend college in Rexburg, ID.  It is down-right frigid from the end of September to late April.  I remember walking uphill to class before 8am, leaning into the wind, bundled up so tight my body was warm, but the exposed skin on my face burned as the wind whipped it and froze my watery eyes into squinty slits.  I loved it!

Today, while existing in a portion of a "polar vortex", I experienced Rexburg again.

The cold allowed me to show No.1 a couple of cool (get it?) tricks.  First, before breakfast, I boiled water and he watched the steam turn into instant snow powder in the 10-degree morning chill.  Later, before getting in the car to go get pizza, I blew bubbles and set a few on the banister of the porch.  Instantly they began to freeze.  It was amazing!

What fun is was to share those little bits of fun science!

So, here's to exploration.

Here's to learning.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment