Monday, January 20, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Netflix

Oh. My. Starts!  Have you seen Call the Midwife?  It is fan-taaah-stick!  And it's based on a memoir.  I started watching it one day last week.  I think I'll finish the uploaded series tomorrow.  The new season starts in March.  Can't wait.

I love having Netflix on our devices.  Oftentimes, we'll lie in our bed with our boys and Mr. and I will watch some cartoon (Thomas, Phineas and Ferb, etc) with the boys.  I love those moments I can just cuddle in bed with my boys and have those minutes of quiet and closeness. 

I save my Netflix time mostly for after bed, but sometimes, like with Call the Midwife, I can't pull myself away, so I wait until the boys are enjoying time playing in their rooms or the basement.  Sometimes, No.1 will come to me and ask to play with him.  I usually go and play, but sometimes I get a bit selfish and tell him to wait.  It won't kill him, I know, but I do feel guilty.  I know, I know, "you need your own time, too".  But do I really need to watch Call the Midwife, a show I don't want my children watching (there's births - pretty non-graphic, but I'm not ready to explain that to them, yet), when it can be put on hold to come back to later?  No.

So, here's to some "me" time.

Here's to more "them" time.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment