Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Drugs

No.2 has been running a low (101) fever since Thursday.  It went down on medicine and by Saturday, there was no sign of it until we were getting him ready for bed.  I decided I had better take him to the doc-in-the-box and see what they said.  Mr. wasn't convinced that it wasn't anything but a virus (No.2 had a bad cough and runny nose), but I felt like I should go.

So, 25-minutes before the doctor's office closed, I pulled in.  Luckily, they got us in pretty much right away.  After about 10-minutes, the AP came in.  She said the step was negative (yeah!), so she started listening and probing.  She looked in his right ear.  All  good.  She looked in his left ear.  YIKES!  The poor child had a pretty bad ear infection.

The prescription was filled there and we headed home.

I'm grateful for medications that can make us feel better, although No.2 would rather eat hard boiled eggs than take his medicine (and that's saying something).  Still...

So, here's to a spoon full of sugar.

Here's to listening to that inner voice.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment