Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Cinnamon Rolls

We've been stranded here at home, with the exception of yesterday's sledding outing, pretty much since last Saturday.  I love having No.1 home, and I will not complain about that.  I will complain about having to make up snow days.  Today's snow day make-up will be President's day.  And we probably will be closed again tomorrow so that will be made up on a teacher work day in March.  I guess I'll just have to get my No.1 time in now.  I get the make-up days, I do, but I so look forward to the days No.1 is home.

Anyway.

I made cinnamon rolls today.  I wasn't pay attention and doubled the butter in the bread, but they still turned out delicious (of course...it's butter, duh!).  I don't often bake.  My mom was surprised once when I told her I was just finishing a 25lb bag of sugar that I opened two years prior.  But, like I said, we've been cooped up and I wanted something warm and yummy.

The boys were thrilled with my choice of sweet and I loved being able to provide it for them.  They don't always enjoy everything I make (heck, I don't always enjoy everything I make), but the thank you's I received for this will tie me over for a while.

So, here's to sweet boys.

Here's to sweet treats.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment