Monday, January 13, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Chopsticks

 It was errand day.  After helping out at No.1's school for an hour or so, No.2 and I headed into town to spend some money.  Some money was spent at a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch.

Our lunch arrived (pad thi to split) and I dished some up for him onto the plate left over from our garden rolls.  I cut it up and handed NO.2 a fork.

He looked at me - almost hurt.  Then he said, "Dwy?"  He was pointing at my chopsticks.  We have let him try chopsticks several times at home, but he mostly just pokes at the food.  I told him he could just use his fork.  "No!  Dwy!"  So, I handed over those sticks.

He put both in one hand, made sure they were crossed, squeezed under the X and began to eat his lunch...WITH chopsticks!

I am sure the people in the restaurant thought I was awfully silly taking so many pictures and video of my son eating, but it was WITH chopsticks, people!

I'm glad I let him try.  I'm so glad he succeeded.

So, here's to going out on a limb.

Here's to allowing failure, but loving success.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment