Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for the Croods

No, this is not my picture, so, technically, I didn't take a picture today, but I "saved" a picture today.  Regardless, I'm thankful for this movie.  Why?  Sure it's funny, sure it's clean, sure it has something for everyone, but I am most thankful for the laughs it brings around our home because of three simple syllables:  Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUH!

That little sloth says this throughout the movie at various times of uncertainty.  My boys have picked up on it and say it all the time.  What made me think of this as my gratitude example today was when No.2 called up the stairs, "Dinner Dime!"  (It wasn't, you see as soon as I start preparing dinner he calls everyone to the table.)  Then he followed it with "Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUH!"  I laughed at this because dinner was a semi experiment: frozen butter chicken sauce from when I made it fresh; wasn't sure how it would turn out.  That little doomsday ending to No.2's invite to dinner just made me giggle.

I appreciate wholesome movies we can enjoy as a family.  I'm glad my children are learning nice things from tv and family time.  I am thankful for silly boys.

So, here's to more silliness.

Here's to more good shows.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.




PS.  Dinner was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment