Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for the Temple

We started our 2014 Enrichment year off by introducing our theme for this year:  I love to see the Temple, I'm Going There.  My friend and temple worker spoke to us for the first 1/2 of the evening.  She asked us to think of our most favorite temple and why it is important to us.  Mine is the Washington DC temple because it was the first temple I ever went through (1st youth temple trip from PA when I was 12).  I vowed that I would get married there, no matter where I lived.  It would be a destination wedding if needed.  Luckily, I married a Virginian and so it made sense to get married there.

She read a quote from a temple's dedication.  In the quote the GA said, "Angels attend every door."  I love that!  The temple is a place of peace and refuge from the world and to think that I pass by angels as I enter is just beautiful to me.  This picture is the plaque my friends were working on together.

I do love to see the temple, and I hope that I can walk my talk (especially as RS Pres.) and attend more regularly.  I know when I do go, I feel happier, no big grow-up words, no great explanations, I just feel happier, and that results in me being a better wife and mother.

So, here's to the temple.

Here's to going there.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment