Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Popcorn

We're pretty sure we're not having school tomorrow, so we all cozied up together in the basement and watched Tangled (No.2 got it for Easter last year, but it was just opened tonight) and ate stove-top popcorn.

Growing up we rarely had microwave popcorn.  My mom would either use her air popper (when she had a working one) or make stove-top popcorn.  I remember my dad experimenting with different seasonings:  lemon pepper, garlic salt, herbs.  Sometimes my mom would make caramel or candied popcorn.  It was all so yummy.  With my brother and I on the floor lying on our huge rag pillow, my sister on the couch, my dad in the chair, my mom massaging his feet, we'd watch great movies together.  This isn't a memory that often comes to mind when I think about family activities, but as I type, I am so grateful for the memory homemade popcorn brings.  Hopefully, my boys will have similar memories.

So, here's to making popcorn fresh.

Here's to making fresh memories.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment