Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Day I Was Grateful for Happiness

Once again, I didn't take this picture, but I tried to.  I was washing dishes, trying to reclaim my kitchen, when I looked out the window above my sink and saw a bluebird.  A BLUE bluebird.  He was searching for leftovers on the ground below an empty bird feeder.  I tried to run and get my camera but he had flown away by the time I got back.

I went back to work washing and looked up again and there he was.  I watched him for a couple seconds then again tried to retrieve my camera, but he was gone.

One of my favorite Shirley Temple movies is The Bluebird.  The little girl is always looking for the next thing to make her happy and is told that the bluebird will bring happiness so she and her little brother, dog, and cat, go out to search for the bird.  Their adventures teach that simple things bring true happiness, not luxury or material things.

When I saw that bluebird in my yard, it caused me to pause, it calmed my frustration with the state of my house, and I smiled.  I was happy.

So, here's to taking a moment to find happiness.

Here's to realizing I'm always happy deep down where it counts.

And here's to a Better Mommy Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment